Our mission is to be the first choice in all disaster restoration needs. We do this by being a professional, client-centered team with integrity in all we do. This provides a positive customer experience and instills “Peace of Mind”.
ServiceMaster is committed to exceeding the expectation of our customers. We will accomplish this by:
- Reflecting our business ethics and principles on a daily basis.
- Providing the systems, training, and equipment that empower our employees to be successful in serving our customers.
- Constantly listening to our customers.
- Delivering what we promise and more.
- Focusing on results.
- Professionalism: is a welcoming behavior image coupled with knowledge and expertise to generate confidence in our customers and co-workers.
ServiceMaster of North Idaho is committed to show professionalism in the way we look, carry ourselves, and providing expertise in all we do.
- Client Centered: is showing our customers that their needs are first. Showing respect and care for our customers homes, belongings and beliefs is vital to provide “Peace of Mind” to our customers
ServiceMaster of North Idaho is committed to being client centered by always showing the customer respect and care. Great customer service is an absolute.
- Integrity: is always doing the right thing even when it is difficult.
ServiceMaster of North Idaho is committed to integrity by doing what we say we will do. Character is shown best when no one is looking.
- Teamwork: is working together for a common purpose, to help the people around you be the best that they can be.
ServiceMaster of North Idaho is committed to teamwork by working together to begin each job with the end in mind.
ServiceMaster was founded in Chicago in 1929 as a moth-proofing company by Marion E. Wade, a former minor league baseball player. Wade’s company was incorporated in 1947 and expanded its offerings to include carpet cleaning in 1952, establishing one of America's first franchise businesses. In 1962, the company took its expertise to the health care arena and was a pioneer in third-party outsourcing, known at the time as management services. In 1980, the company began serving the education market and expanded its offerings to include a broader range of commercial services.
In the 1980s, the company experienced further expansion of the consumer segment of the business. During this time, ServiceMaster built on its original franchise business to form a network of high-quality branch- and franchise-based service companies – including Terminix, TruGreen and Merry Maids – and other category-leading commercial and residential service brands, including American Home Shield. In 2001, ServiceMaster divested its management services businesses to focus more on its residential and commercial business.
In July 2007, a group of equity sponsors led by Clayton, Dubilier and Rice, Inc. (CD&R) acquired ServiceMaster and took the company private. Also in 2007, the company moved its headquarters from Downers Grove, Illinois, to Memphis, Tennessee, to better enable the corporate staff to work side by side with all of its brand teams. Robert J. Gillette was appointed chief executive officer in June 2013. In January 2014, TruGreen separated from ServiceMaster to operate as a standalone company within the CD&R portfolio.
Today, the company operates under the same elements of Wade’s original purpose – to deliver exceptional service and quality to customers – while adhering to an enduring set of values that demands all employees act with the highest level of ethics and integrity in their interactions with customers, suppliers and each other. With a global network of more than 6,900 company-owned, franchise and licensed locations, Memphis-based ServiceMaster is one of the world’s largest residential and commercial service networks. Through approximately 13,000 corporate associates and a franchise network that independently employs an estimated 31,000 additional people, the ServiceMaster family of brands provided services and products to approximately 5 million customers during the year. ServiceMaster consistently provides an unparalleled level of service by maintaining the fastest response time in the industry, committing to the highest level of training and technology, and keeping the interests of our customers at the forefront.
About ServiceMaster of North Idaho
ServiceMaster of North Idaho (SMNI) was begun by Val Hansen over 40 years ago in a garage in the Coeur d’Alene area. SMNI successfully performed disaster restoration work for the rapidly growing Kootenai County area under the tutelage of Ms. Hansen. In 1999, ServiceMaster was bought by Mike MacRae, who had a vision to extend SMNI’s coverage area into the Sandpoint and Spokane markets. In 2007, Kelly Norton joined the team here at SMNI, and in 2013, he, along with John Knight, purchased the company.
ServiceMaster of North Idaho is part of the franchise system of the ServiceMaster Company, which is the largest provider of restoration services in the United States. SMNI handles nearly 1,000 losses a year and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to service you. ServiceMaster of North Idaho is partnered with leading insurance companies, commercial and residential property management firms, and homeowners to restore “Peace of Mind” after water or fire damage. So no matter what the emergency - water, sewage, fire or smoke damage, trauma /vandalism clean up, and/or mold remediation - SMNI is ready to give you “Peace of Mind” with 24/7/365 service.
- Marion E Wade Achiever Award 2002
- President’s Achievement Award 2007
- Marion E Wade Achiever Award 2008
ServiceMaster of North Idaho holds the following certifications:
Established in 1991, the ServiceMaster Restore QRV Network has been a solution for insurance industry professionals in identifying franchisees committed to providing superior, consistent disaster mitigation services. In order to earn and maintain QRV certification, firms must:
- Demonstrate the ability to competently deliver every aspect of the ServiceMaster Restore service guarantees, including accessibility, response time, communications capabilities, quality results, and conscientious safety controls.
- Employ the utmost integrity in estimating and billing practices.
- Complete, and commit to continue, employee training programs that keep ServiceMaster Restore on the cutting edge of effective restoration techniques, products, and technology.
- Use the proven ServiceMaster Restore equipment, processes, and products.
- Perform all services in compliance with ServiceMaster Restore specifications.
- Meet or exceed the ServiceMaster Restore requirements for General Liability Insurance and Workers’ Compensation Insurance.
- Resolve customer service issues swiftly and professionally. Guaranteed.
- Commit to the ServiceMaster Restore principles of environmental stewardship.
Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) Certified Firms have earned the right to display the IICRC logo as a symbol of quality. In order to achieve IICRC-certified status, firms must meet a rigorous list of standards in business ethics and expertise. All IICRC Certified Firms must:
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
EPA Lead Safe
Lead Safe Certification assures that the certified contractor will:
- Assign a Certified Renovator to each renovation that it performs.
- Use only certified or properly trained individuals to perform renovations.
- Follow the work practice standards and recordkeeping requirements in the regulation.
Meet the Team
matt knight – Owner
Matt is a valuable member of the SMNI team, even all the way in Texas. He provides valuable resources and ideas to us anytime we need it, He stays very busy with his children and wife.
John Knight – Owner/Marketing
John has been with SMNI since 2010. John works as our Marketing Manager as well as helping to run our sister company ICON Construction. John is also very involved in the local football community.
Justin weaver– project manager
Justin is a newer addition to our team and has been a valuable asset with his numerous years in disaster restoration. The techs look up to him for his knowledge and leadership. He also has a busy home life raising 3 children with his wife.
BRIANN SORENSEN – ESTIMATOR
Briann has been with SMNI since 2009. She is our only telecommuting employee. She currently resides in Boise, Idaho with her husband and two children.
Baylee Riolo - Front office kALE SMITH - Production manager
Baylee just recently joined our team to help Kale has been with SMNI since 2011. He is our keep office running day to day. She comes IICRC and RSA certified in Water Damage.
in with a smile on her face every morning and Kale is an avid hunter and spends most of his
is ready for business. She spends most of her weekends and vacation chasing big bucks all over
her time spoiling her dog with swimming and the Coeur d'Alene Mountains.
taking him sight seeing,
Cole Kelly – TECHNICIAN
Cole joined SMNI in October of 2014. He is gearing up for our busy season and has learned the ropes from some of the best. He is a great asset to our unbeatable team. With his spare time he likes to listen to country music and work on his truck.
ANN PABELLON – TECHNICIAN
Ann has been with SMNI since 2011. Ann is our primary fire cleaning technician and has the distinction of currently being one of our only female technician. Ann is always quick with a smile and is always eager and willing to offer assistance.
Marc meckle – Technician
Marc has been with SMNI since May of 2014.
He is a great asset to our company, Always early and eager to work and help our community. When not working he spends time taking care of his wife and 2 children.
Steven Cook – TECHNICIAN
Newer to our company, Steven has had a great impact to his fellow co-workers and community. He is always is first to volunteer his spare time to help the community in its time of need.
Suzanne olson – TECHNICIAN
Suzanne is one of our two female fire technicians. She always finds the sun on a cloudy day. She loves the feeling of helping others and inspire them to do the same.
taylor vanvleck– TECHNICIAN
Taylor has been with our company for over 4 years now. He started part time and has grown to be an asset to the company. Now full time he enjoys sleeping on his days off after a long day of working hard and helping others.
Lucas Hanson – Technician
Lucas has been with SMNI since May of 2014. He comes to us from a competitor restoration company in Boise. He recently relocated to North Idaho from Boise and
we are sure glad to have him.
We here at ServiceMaster of North Idaho believe that each employee contributes directly to the company’s growth and success, and we are passionate about finding great employees that believe in our values and mission. It is our primary goal when recruiting new employees to fill vacancies with persons who have the best available skills, abilities, or experience needed to perform the work. We are an equal opportunity employer and decisions regarding the recruitment, selection, and placement of employees are made on the basis of job-related criteria only.
We are always accepting applications so please feel free to download a copy of the application and turn it in!
Download: Employment Application